The Xbox One’s juggernaut of an exclusive, Titanfall, has been receiving rave reviews from bloggers and gaming publications alike, but it didn’t release without its fair share of bugs and imbalances. Developer Respawn Entertainment wants to keep things on the up and up by rolling out a list of bug fixes, balance adjustments and general improvements over this past weekend that should all be in the green by now.
In an official Respawn Entertainment blog post on 3/21,
Hey guys, this is still rolling out to servers, so not every server will have these changes right now. But by some time tomorrow we expect all of them to have it.
3/21/2014 Server Changelog
Balancing adjustments and general changes
- – The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
- – Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
- – Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans
- – Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
- – Increased the score limit in Attrition
- – Flag Return points reduced
- – Flag Carrier killed points reduced
- – Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger are now slightly delayed
- – Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
- – Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
- – Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
- – Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses
- – Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
- – Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it’s health to full
- – Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships
- – Titan could become stuck in the position he lands in
- – Auto-Titan wouldn’t stand up until you embarked into it
- – Several rare server issues restarting the game in to the lobby
- – Pilot could end up out of bounds while rodeoing a Titan as it is destroyed
- – Pilot could warp through certain locations when jumping off a Titan
- – Rodeoing a Titan that has been doomed by your SMR could kill you
- – Players being able to enter some geometry in Smuggler’s Cove
- – Titanfall will now give proper kill credit when it kills a Pilot embarking into their Titan
- – Minions in Attrition now continue to spawn until the Epilogue begins
- – Player couldn’t hack a Mega Turret console
- – Server would sometimes error when leeching a Spectre
- – Hardpoints sometimes awarded defense score to players not near the hardpoint
- – Rare issue when ejecting from a Titan
- – Server would sometimes error after a match while returning to the lobby
- – Double XP burn card sometimes not being applied properly
Bradley Keene is an avid gamer & freelance blogger from Baltimore, MD who typically handles news and reviews here at What’s Your Tag?. If he’s not knee-deep in an RPG or some form of Nintendo game, he’s usually watching terrible horror films or listening to Gwar. Follow him on Twitter @amgfail_WYT, or contact him by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hey. Is there any single player for this game? I mean any Campaign at all?
Yes and no. There is a campaign, but it’s fully online and requires you to play with other people. There is absolutely zero offline content for Titanfall. Hope this helps!
Thank you! I’ve been trying to find anything on it and it seems that everyone skips over this in their reviews.
Ah, right on, glad we could help then!
ya I noticed they nerfed the xp for defense on Hardpoint, I was defending a node a whole round killing pilots left,right and center and only ended up with 1400 defense points. BOO HISS