The PS Plus program has been a strong point of emphasis for Sony, especially since the PS4 launch. It’s a program that subscribers value and it’s been a money-maker for Sony. As a subscriber, you’ll want to be aware of some changes that are being rolled out next month, along with a new set of free games.
The first change is that there will be two free games for per console beginning in June. That means 2 PS4 games, 2 PS3 games, and 2 PS Vita games for a total of six. This is great for those of us who own all three platforms, but those that don’t might feel slighted by this change.
The second change is a matter of ending confusion. The Instant Games Collection will now be made available from the first Tuesday of the month until the first Tuesday the following month. This will allow gamers to download any or all of the games as soon as they’re available. It will also take out the guess-work of what is or isn’t still available.
On to the games! Let’s break it down by platform.
- Trine 2: Complete Story — a side scrolling puzzle platformer.
- PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate — an artistic twin-stick shooter.
- NBA2K14 — the closest you get to being LeBron James.
- Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time — a game about a raccoon traveling in time to save his future.
- Terraria — a 2D crafting platformer.
- Mutant Mudds Deluxe — a throwback 2D platformer.
In case you were wondering, the first Tuesday in June is the 3rd.
(Source: PS blog)
Paul Novak is a self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing in the west side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet. Found here at What’s Your Tag? and on the Twitter @dudewantshisrug. Game on with Team XBRO!